www.sellbuyswapfree.com.au (the “Website”) is owned and managed by Steps Finance Enterprises Pty Ltd (ACN 168 278 975) (“we”, “our”, “us”). This Privacy Notice outlines how we manage your personal information.
We treat your personal information with integrity and respect. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 to protect your personal information.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by uploading an updated version of the Privacy Notice to the Website.
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ is information that can be used to personally identify an individual. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the operation of the Website and provision of services on the Website (the “Services”). The kinds of information we may collect include:
- your name, username, business name, physical address, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- your bank account or credit card details if you provide them to us for payment;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the Website or indirectly through use of the Website;
- information about the Services you have purchased, used or enquired about; and
- your opinion about the Website or the Services.
How do we collect your personal information?
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you.
We may collect personal information in ways including:
- through your access to and use of the Website;
- when you create an account, post content, make an enquiry, or complete a purchase of Services;
- through your participation in feedback surveys or questionnaires; and
- through your communications with us including conversations, letters, emails or other methods of communication.
We may also receive your personal information if provided to us by other users, with your consent.
What happens if we are not able to collect your personal information?
If you decide not to provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Services to you; and
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the Services;
We may use third party applications to perform data analysis, using cookies that tell us how you use the Website. You can turn these off at any time through your own browser settings.
How and why do we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to administer our relationship with you, communicate with you, provide you with the Services and receive payment for the Services;
- to answer your enquiries and provide you with information and updates about the Services;
- to investigate fraud;
- to assess the performance of the Website and make improvements to it;
- for security and risk management purposes;
- for business planning and quality control;
- to process and respond to any request or complaint made by you;
- to update our records; and
- to comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice to:
- consultants, agents or contractors acting on our behalf;
- parties to whom we have outsourced various functions, including contractors and services providers for the purposes of operating the Website and our business, IT systems administrators, payment processors, insurance brokers, insurers, debt collectors and professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants and business advisors; and
- regulatory authorities or government agencies, where required by law;
If all or part of our business is sold to or merged with a third party, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that third party. We may also disclose personal information to prospective purchasers on a confidential basis.
Where we disclose any personal information to a third party, we request that those parties do not use the information for their own purposes and comply with this Privacy Notice.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
We store your personal information within Australia. Some of the third-party suppliers and service providers that we use may store your personal information outside of Australia.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients deal with your personal information in a manner that is consistent with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Notice.
Direct marketing communications
We may send you direct marketing communications consisting of information about the Website or the Services that we think may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent by email or post in accordance with the Spam Act 2003. We only do this when you consent to being contacted in this way.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting the sender, by using our contact details provided below, or using opt-out facilities provided in an electronic communication (such as an unsubscribe button).
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We use reasonable technical and organisational security safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, use, disclosure, loss, modification or destruction. Our staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we hold.
Third party links
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites. The privacy policies of those websites may differ from this Privacy Notice.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will provide a suitable means for you to access it, such as by emailing or mailing it to you. We will not charge you for making the request or for providing the information to you.
There may be instances where we cannot provide you with access to your personal information. For example, we may need to refuse access where giving access would breach the privacy of another individual or would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for the refusal.
If you believe your personal information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. We will consider whether the information requires amendment. In some cases, we may not agree that there are grounds for amending your personal information. If that happens, we will add a note to your personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How can you make a complaint?
You can make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information by contacting us at [email protected].