Term of Use
You may only create an account and use the Services if you are over 18 years of age.
When creating your account, you are responsible for choosing a password and keeping it secure. You must not disclose your password to another person. You are responsible for all activities under your account, including any misuse of your account. If you lose or forget your password, you will need to reset it. We do not have access to your password. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any compromise to or misuse of your account.
By using the Services, you understand that buying, selling and swapping items and services online is not risk-free. You agree that it is your responsibility to take care when using the Services and ensure you:
- carefully review and follow our policies;
- use safe payment methods;
- meet in a safe location;
- protect your privacy; and
- verify the legitimacy of items.
In using the Website or the Services, you must not:
- violate the Posting Policy;
- provide inaccurate, false or misleading information;
- impersonate any person;
- post any content that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive or indecent;
- distribute viruses, corrupt files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software;
- collect or store personal information about other users;
- use, copy, modify or distribute the content of other users without consent;
- violate any third-party rights;
- use any bot, crawler, spider or other automated program to access the Website or the Services or harvest content for any purpose without our permission; or
- engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website or the Services.
Fees and taxes
In most cases, using the Services is free. Some features, such as business listings, may incur a fee. All fees are clearly stated on the Website, are in Australian dollars, are non-refundable and subject to change. You are responsible for payment of fees when they fall due.
You are responsible for collecting and paying any applicable taxes (e.g. GST) resulting from the sale of your items or services on the Website.
Licence to use content
You acknowledge that the Website and all content is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”). The Website includes content owned by us, you and other users. All right, title and interest in the content and the Website is retained by the original owner (or its licensors) and nothing we or you do in relation to the Website or the Services will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you.
When you post content on the Website, you grant to us and represent that you have the right to grant to us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use the content for the purposes of managing the Website and the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the Website or the Services (other than your own content). You also waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We warrant that if any paid Service fails to comply with the following promises when performed, you may request reperformance of the Services or a full refund:
- The Services will be provided with due care and skill;
- The Services are fit for the purposes described on the Website; and
- The Services will be performed within a reasonable time.
- AUD$100; and
- the amounts paid by you as a result of the purchase of a Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include:
- special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages; or
- damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings,
whether in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or on any other basis.
Our liability to you is reduced to the extent that your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or cause the loss or liability.
Except for your statutory rights, with respect to the Website:
- all material on the Website is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied;
- we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to warranties of acceptable quality and fitness for a particular purpose;
- we do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the Website or your access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components;
- we do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Website including its correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise;
- we are not responsible for and make no warranties in relation to any third party links on the Website or the content of any third party websites linked to from the Website; and
- we are not responsible for and make no warranties in relation to the accuracy of any content posted by a user on the Website.
To the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any act or omission on your part, we will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Website.
By using the Website, you agree to indemnify us (together with our directors, officers, agents and employees) from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or in contract including and without limitation, negligence) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the Website or the Services by you.
If you have a dispute with another Website user, you must resolve that dispute directly with the other user. We are not responsible for and you release us (together with our directors, officers, agents and employees) from all liability and claims arising out of or in connection with any such disputes.
We and you agree that we may communicate with each other electronically, including by sending electronic notices.